Today is one of those days where I am feeling pretty good. I have started this blog, and I have already fallen behind. I was going to try and keep it daily, and I now see that, a realistic goal that is not. So, I am going to try for the once or twice a week thing.
Over the weekend I had a family reunion. It was ok, my Dad was there. He tried to talk to my boys, but they did not remember him, or didn't feel comfortable around him or something. My Dad didn't really have much to say to me or my brother, it was almost like he was trying to start a conversation, but it just led off into the unknown.
When I first seen him, my first reaction was to run up and give him a big hug, I really wanted to, but something just stopped me. I think that I am just not ready for that yet. That is a big step, especially for the things that we have been through.
Instead I just gathered my items from the car, and carried them into the lofge, where the reunion was being held. I was able to see cousins, and family that I haven't seen for quite some time. i had a really good time, and my boys really enjoyed themselves for the most part.
I have a poem that I dedicated to my Dad. I will have to find it and post it on here. it has some of how I feel in it. That is all that i can bring myself to write this morning. I am feeling really good today, and if I start thinking about the past, I may have a mood change.
Some good news is that my Friends Angie and Peter have had their second child. He is a chunky healthy baby boy, he weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces, was 21.5 inches long, and will be blessed with the name of Tyler Peter Jeppsen. He's a cutie! Angie and her Sister Sherilee moved to Tahlequah when we were younger, they have been dear friends of mine since the day I met them. Their family was like my second family. We always have good times when we get to visit with one another. Which doesn't happen as often as it should, but that's what happens when you become grown-ups!
All is well in Sophie-land today......
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Today is another day
By, The Queen Herself - smileysophie at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for your post on my blog! You're still a dear friend of mine too. I know about being grown ups and all! We really should plan to get together the next time I come out to Tahlequah.
Yes, we will have to get together! I sure hope that everything is working out for you guys! I wish you all the best! Tell Sterling that I said Hello!
Post a Comment